Friday, September 3, 2010

Ilderton Fall Fair


I have noticed a few of the leaves falling and it begins to remind me of the fall. Fall always makes me want to bake - apples and squash etc. I am not sure why, it must be a comfort thing.

I had some peaches that were left over from the canning I did. I had a craving for a cake, so I made a peach coffee cake. I did not have a recipe so I took a few that I had and combined them to make one up.

The flour I used was from the Arva Flour Mill, I usually do buy my flour there. I then mixed half of the unbleached flour with spelt flour, I had bought the other week from the Eagleson's at the Exeter Farmers Market a few weeks ago.

The coffee cake turned out delicious! Now I have a winner for the Ilderton Fair. I just may make another and enter it this year at the fair. If you have never been, the Ilderton Fall Fair is one of the best fairs around. This year it is October 1, 2, 3. Hope to see you there!

1 comment: