Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's August!

When I take a look at the calendar I can not believe myself - where is the time going or gone? Summer always seems to fly by while the winter months take their time.

The activity on a farm is always seen best during these summer months. Currently, we have raked the 2nd cut hay but unfortunately it has yet to be baled. I find myself singing " Rain, Rain go away Peter wants to bale some hay!


The turkeys are growing, and enjoying the lazy days of summer, so by Thanksgiving they should be just right. I may have a hard time with this flock, they are kind of funny. When they see you, they come running so when you come home and drive into the laneway not only do the dogs great you but the turkeys want to say hi too! They are pasture raised but some have decided that free range is a good life to have. A few weeks ago they all got out, we put them back but now some roam all day and just hang out.

This week we also pick up some more Berkshire pork from our butcher. So if you are interested in some - give us a call.

Thanks to all our customers,
Peter and Karen

kareneatwell@execulink.com
519 232.4105

No comments:

Post a Comment